Coco Twine are made of all-natural coir fibers twisted to make twines and ropes. These 3-ply coco fibers are 3mm thick and can be used as plant ties or trellis, the applications are limitless.
Coco Twine are the high tensile, stretchable coconut coir yarn derived from inner husk of high quality coconuts. Usually brown coir extracted from fully ripe brown husk are used. Dried coconut husk is essential for making thicker ropes for strength and durability. Coir is hooked to the spinning wheel to make the lengthy yarn.
Once the spinning is done, the two coir strands are joined and entwined together to make the rope thicker. Coir rope is sturdy and long-lasting. The coir rope is prepared in different thicknesses as per the requirement and demands of the market. More number of coir strands are added together and entwined to obtain more thickness.
Coir twine offers as many natural, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly benefits such as:
- Gardeners’ friendly- it won’t leach chemicals into the surrounding soil and can also be composted after it’s done with seasonal use.
- Coir twine is very durable and can withstand any environmental mishaps during growing season.
- Affordable- usually a thicker strands of coir twine costs lesser than other natural twines.
- Hops growers uses it to support their crops and as fencing material to keep pests out of their gardens, rather than opting for an electric fence or a pesticide.
- And used in making of floor mats, brushes, rugs, wall hangings, ceiling and floor furnishings, beds, cushions and all other kinds of Household products.
- Coco coir twine can be soaked in salt water without damaging its fibers and reducing its durability, thus employed in Aquatic farming / culturing.